Hot Water Recirculation Pumps – Instant Hot Water
A hot water recirculation pump enables you to get hot water right when you need it. Long gone are the days you have to waste water while waiting for it to heat up, to take a shower or to wash your face. With PNW Plumbing’s hot water recirculation pump sales and installation services, instead of having to wait for hot water, the hot water will be waiting for you.
What is a hot water recirculation pump?
A hot water recirculation pump is typically made of bronze or stainless steel and is installed on your hot water heater, or at the farthest water fixture from the water heater, depending on the system. This pump keeps hot water circulating in your hot water pipes awaiting use. Typically, cold water has to exit your water pipes allowing heated water to circulate its way through. With a hot water recirculation pump, the water in your pipes will always be hot resulting in significant water savings.
What features do hot water recirculation pumps have to ensure optimal water and energy savings?
Advances in technology allow us to offer you top of the line hot water recirculation pump systems that provide maximum water and energy savings. The hot water recirculation pumps we offer come equipped with the following features and benefits:
- Timer: There is a timer on the pump to make the system even more efficient during low-demand periods like night and midday. You decide when the system is on and off.
- Utility Rebate: In some areas, utility companies may offer a rebate when you install a hot water recirculating pump due to the extreme water savings.
- Thermostat & Heat Sensor: There is a thermostat and heat sensor attached to the pump as well, so once the water hits the ideal temperature, the pump stops heating the water. With this feature you are also able to designate the ideal water temperature.
- Water Savings: This type of pump will on average save 12,000 gallons of water per year resulting in significant water conservation and substantially lower water bills.
- Energy Efficient: These systems only use as much energy as a 25 watt light bulb.